Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Wind Beneath My Wing

Me & My Grandmother For Prom 08'
Photobucket

Some people idolize celebrities, superheroes, and etc. The person whom I admire is my Grandmother Althea Martin. You ask why is she my hero? She's my hero because, she overcame many obstacles like being a SINGLE BLACK PARENT struggling to make ends meet and, taking on minimum wage jobs just to stay afloat. She has always been there for me. For instance, in 2001 when my grandfather was in the hospital dying of brain tumors; I was in a play at summer camp and, all I had was three lines ,well due to the circumstances of my paw paw, I thought she wasn't gonna be able to come well I was proven wrong because all I heard was "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHASE" and I knew she was in the audience. She also went back to school at the age of 40 to go on and become a registered nurse. In 2000 at the age of 57 she received her Masters of Science in Nursing from University of Phoenix at Louisiana. She has shown me that you can rise above your surroundings and attain your true potential if you work hard towards your goals. You can truly do anything if you put your mind to it. She always tells me " Chase, don't ever give up". When I heard Kanye West's song "Hey Mama" it always makes me think of my "Grandmother" who is my mother in a sense because, she has nurtured, protected, and raised me up as if I was her child. People often laugh when I tell them I hang out with my grandma. I love hanging with my grandmother because, I am guaranteed to have fun. I'm writing this blog to let the whole world know that I'm proud not only to have you as my grandmother but, also as my best friend.
Love always,
Chase [Channel 4]

No comments: